Monday, April 2, 2018

People watching in Japan

Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, continued
We spent some time waiting in train stations today.  Not wanting to waste time, and because I am fascinated by figures and faces, I snapped away with my camera.  These people were moving FAST, so there were some blurs, but I captured some wonderful glimpses of the local people. 

It is so nice to see people dressing up!  Being at the train station is like being at a fashion show!


                                                             Check out these shoes!!







Selfie!!  and a bonus lady in the Bento box shop!



         
                                                   Our beautiful tour guide, Toshi.







                                 And a few folks along the way:








Aren't people fascinating?  I am sure some of these will show up in future quilts.  I hope I don't seem like a stalker.   I have been assured by an attorney that as long as the subjects are in a public place, and I am not using their images to sell boxes of cereal flakes or something - without their permission, that I am within my rights as an artist to gather images for my work.  I would feel better if I had been able to ask each person if they minded me taking their photo, but I would not have gotten many good photos that way.  Candid shots are generally so much better, and I've found that most people don't mind at all.  

2 comments:

  1. A question for you. Do you have your camera up to your eye? Or are you shooting from waist level? You have some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. Generally don't shoot from the hip! Camera is at my eye. I took around 6000 pics on the two week tour. A bunch are not too great - especially the ones from train or bus.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think.
We all appreciate feedback!