Thursday, March 29, 2018

Art on the run!

Sat. Jan. 20, 2018 continued
                                These were all manhole covers I spotted today!






I wish I could have stopped to get rubbings of them, but the tour group would have left me behind, for sure.
We got to ride trains and buses today.  I snapped many photos along the way.  People in the station, scenes along the tracks, mountains, countryside, cities, cemeteries, stores, I was interested in it ALL.  Here are a few of my faves:









                             These shadows resemble Japanese kanji symbols:

I could NOT get used to riding on the wrong side of the streets!  Freaky!
I
Not much room for backyards here, so many homes/apartments have laundry hanging on a small porch. 




                       Every so often, you would see a shrine along the road. 












                                  My next post will be about making paper in Takamatsu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think.
We all appreciate feedback!