Saturday, April 26, 2014

Crafts and Mentors

My craft group made small felted wool critters this month.  Here is a photo of the ones I made.  We had a grand time sitting together and stabbing at little balls of wool, trying to avoid hitting our thumbs.
 
I also snapped a picture of quilted art pieces that I purchased from two of my favorite teachers last month.  The larger one is by Susan Shie, and has lots of her words of wisdom written on it.  Beautiful thoughts about peace and kindness - very inspirational.  The smaller one is Pamela Allen's guinea fowl.  I love her funky approach to the world, and have admired her work for a long time.  I also received prints of other pieces from both teachers.  I will cherish these works, but even more, I love that I have had the opportunity to spend time getting to know and love both of them as regular people as well as the rockstars that they are!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Score! On buying the art! Score! on felting. Did you stab your finger? I tried this once and it was risky! I love that you made a dog.
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.
We all appreciate feedback!